The FLIMU® System
The extruded coupler splice – respectively, the FLIMU® system – has been developed especially for realizing reinforcing connections in large numbers or very limited space conditions.
When realizing a FLIMU® coupler splice, two reinforcing bars are connected by extruding a coupler that has been placed onto both ends of the reinforcing bars. A reducing ring is pushed over the coupler using a high amount of pressure. The reducing ring significantly reduces the exterior diameter of the coupler and creates a force fit connection between rebar and coupler (extrusion process).
Both B500 reinforcing steel with normal threads in accordance with DIN 488 and GEWI® reinforcing steel threadbar can be spliced using the FLIMU® system. This way, even reinforcing bars that have already been installed can be easily coupled to a GEWI® connecting bar. The FLIMU® system is also suitable for many similar reinforcing steel bars such as Austrian ARI and ARI-G.
- Bars do not have to be screwed
- Preliminary work at the bars is not required
- High installation performance
- Both threadbars and GEWl® reinforcing bars can be coupled
- Space-saving installation – also for multilayer reinforcement
- The complete equipment and installation aids are on stock
- General building-authority approval for ∅ 12 to 32mm