DYNA Grip® Stay Cable Systems
The DYNA® Link Anchor Box System is based on a conventional steel structure in which stay cables are anchored with standard DYNA Grip® anchorages. The DYNA® Link curved Anchor Box is economically designed using conventional steel construction standards to ensure capacity, serviceability and excellent fatigue characteristics. Differential forces are transferred to the concrete by shear studs in regular design, which are welded to the outer surface of the Anchor Box flanges.
Advantages in comparison to Conventional Pylon Solutions
The DYNA® Link Anchor Box features many advantages in comparison to conventional pylon solutions in which cables are anchored inside the pylon section:
- When using DYNA® Link Anchor Boxes, pylon dimensions can be significantly reduced by eliminating anchorages inside the pylon. This allows slender and aesthetical pylon shapes.
- The pylon does not need to be hollow to allow access for installing, stressing and servicing the anchorages.
- Total cost and construction time of the pylon can be reduced.
- Easy and fast installation of box and stay cable with minimum manpower during cable installation.
- The horizontal load can be transferred directly through the DYNA® Link Anchor Box with reduced stresses within the concrete.