- Strategic partnership and investment for strengthening the DSI footprint in Qatar and the Middle East Region
Munich, February 08th 2016.
DSI is pleased to announce the establishment of the Joint Venture company DSI MIDDLE EAST W.L.L. in Qatar. The new Joint Venture consists of the partners DSI and QACS and is headquartered in Doha. DSI acquired 49% of the shares in QACS. The remaining 51% are still held by the former owner Al-Bandary Group, Doha, Qatar.
QACS is the leading Post-Tensioning supplier and subcontractor in Qatar. QACS was established in 2005 and has been DSI´s exclusive licensee for the distribution and installation of DSI´s Post-Tensioning and Geotechnical Systems in Qatar and Bahrain since 2010. With almost 90 specialized employees, the company has a verifiable track record mainly in the fields of building and infrastructure projects.
In addition, DSI and QACS established a production line for strand anchors in Doha in 2014 in order to successfully supply Doha’s major geotechnical projects and to strengthen their market position in the field of geotechnics.
Through this investment, DSI will not only widen its presence in Qatar. DSI MIDDLE EAST will be an important center for DSI´s activities in the whole region and will enable us to strengthen our market position in this strategically important and dynamic economic region.
By offering innovative products and systems in accordance with superior quality standards, DSI MIDDLE EAST W.L.L. fulfill the constantly changing requirements of their markets in the Gulf States. We are offering our customers the advantages of an international system supplier with a product range that is tailored to suit individual requirements.
DSI heartily welcomes Mr. Khaled Elshazly – General Manager of QACS and now of DSI MIDDLE EAST – and his team and wishes them plenty of success.